Thursday, August 28, 2014

From the Principal






Finish strong!

Those are words I’ve been saying to myself lately.

It’s almost the end of the school year with only next week left. 

Finish strong!

These words also remind of my spiritual journey.  There have been days when I’d actually be glad to see the Lord return.  But then I remember the people I love and care about who may not YET know Him as their personal Savior.  So I pray for His strength to keep on.

It seems that there are so many indications that the time is closer.  Wars, earthquakes, floods, terrorism and financial upheaval seem to loom from the headlines of the newspaper.  There are even predictions that the end of the world may occur at the end.  But do we believe this?

The Bible says in Matthew 24:36:

“No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.”

So we don’t make these predictions but instead live our lives each day making the best of this time while it is still light.

Yes, I read my Bible and pay attention to the signs of the times.

I pray that no matter when the Lord choses to take me home or if He returns first, that I will …finish strong.

After all, I’m one day closer than I was yesterday.  And I want to be found obedient living a life of faith.  As believers, we need to encourage one another.

I pray that we would finish strong.

No comments: